Saturday, July 4, 2009

Raspberry Suite Color Challenge #11
















Okay, so that's why they call it a "Challenge"! I stared at those colors layed out on my desk for a week...and then, it happened ~ all of a sudden this design came to me today. I must have completed fifty other projects (plus housework, laundry, grocery shopping, answered e-mails) before this card came together - LOL

Dawn, by the number of entries you have, you were definitely right "We Can Do It".

My card details: Hibiscus Flower Stamp is from See D's clear stamp set "Always Tat"
stamped with StazOn-jet black ink on green and red DCWV cardstock and cut out to paper piece onto the bright pink mat, from DCWV Mat Stack which is on top of the gray card stock.
"thank you" is printed in black from my computer and everything is glued onto a white (sorry, I couldn't NOT use white!) Martha Stewart punched note card. Used my Marvy giga-size oval scalloped punch on the pink and gray and Cuttlebug's "Floral Fantasy" is embossed on the bright pink.

Hope you are enjoying your 4th of July, everyone!
We are so thankful for all our
Military men and women

serving currently and for
those who served in the past.
God Bless!

15 comments:

  1. Glad it finally emerged from your subconscious...this card is so pretty and elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! Nice job with Dawn's colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is lovely! I stared and stared at these colors myself! Dawn really knows how to get us going! hee hee I can see that it worked well for you: this is beautiful! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card; so elegant and the colors look so well together. Great job!
    Cassandra

    ReplyDelete
  5. Helen this is amazing, absolutely love all of the detail that you have put into this. Thanks for letting me know about Dawn's challenge, I usually hear about it after the fact, so hopefully I haven't missed the chance to play

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very pretty card! I really love your hibiscus flower, such a beautiful focal point! :>

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know I didn't think there would be as many entries as there were! I'm impressed with us!

    You did a fabulous job! Sometimes it pays to take a step back... it certainly did for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like the way you brought the colors together. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the compliment! I like the border on your card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty!! Awesome job. Thanks so much for your sweet comment on my blog.
    God bless
    Giovana

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that scallop oval cut-out and the paper pieced leaves and flower overlapping it. Nice job on the challenge (and I agree that it was a challenge!).

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, what a beautiful creation. Love the border you've created. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely card. I love the lacey edges! SPCC is having a DT call, I hope you will come check it out.
    Hugs,
    Samantha
    SPCC Creator
    http://spcolorcombos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so beautiful! I really love that border. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete