Sunday, October 4, 2009

PTI WCMD - Challenge #4 Australia


Here is the fourth and final challenge for Nicole Heady's Papertrey Ink. These were all really challenging for me and brought me waaay out of my comfort zone~But, I did it thanks to Nicole AND those fabulous prizes she is offering :O)

The history of the Australian Aborigines to create special cultural highlights in their artwork is quite unique and beautiful.
Challenge 4 - Create a card using one of their signature traits~
#1. Dotted Outlines This is where the images are accented with outlines of small white dots.
or #2. Masking So the second option for this challenge is to do some sort of creative masking.
You can pick one to work with, or both.


As you can see I chose the #1. Dotted Outlines option, just because I have not used that technique and thought it would (again) push me outside of my "coloring box" ;-P

My Card -
The aqua card stock is from Recollections Paper Collection and this card, again, is different for me to not have a bunch of layers.
Stamps are Fancy Flourishes from PTI and the three snowflakes are from Martha By Mail, PSX and Studio G.
Inks are Sapphire from Creative Living and white dots are Martha Stewart Crafts opaque marker pen.
Embellishments are mini jewel brads from American Crafts. Sparkle embossing powder is Hologram from Stamp Cabana.

10 comments:

  1. Helen, thanks for your kind words on my blog!

    Your cards are fantastic! I love that you made a Christmas themed card using the dots..it looks so awesome! - some definite scraplifting is happening with this one!! haha
    Also love the jewels on the bird...I love bling!

    TFS!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another pretty card, Helen! Thanks for sharing the dotted lines technique :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Helen, all of your cards for the challenge are fantastic. This challenge was out of my comfort zone also. thanks for your nice comment on my blog.
    debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this one, too! And India and Japan! Clever to use the dot technique on a christmas themed card!

    Hugs,
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice colors, beautiful piece of

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is delightful! Thanks for the lovely comment on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhhh, Helen! This is such a gorgeous card! What a happy celebration of wintery goodness! I love the use of the white dots ~ breath taking!

    YOU are an absolute DELIGHT! I hope you had a FABULOUS vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful Card Helen, love the colors. Where have you been??

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a pretty card! Thanks for stopping by my blog during the Caardvarks blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Terrific job! The dotted outlines look wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete