Thursday, November 6, 2014

MIM #187

MAKE IT MONDAY
PARTIAL DIE CUTS

I am attempting to join Melissa this week as she makes a beautiful holiday project using a partial die cutting technique.  You can watch her  video HERE

I can't say that I love making tags, but I find that I am in awe of Melissa's creativity and her attention to detail, so here is what I came up with.

Click on photo for more details
Now I have to say, I really like when embellishments/dies cuts hang off the end of my cards/tags, so re-cutting the snowflakes on the numbers was NOT going to happen. I did cut off the dangling stars (under much duress). 

The base cardstock is Stamper's Select White, it's embossed with Cuttlebug's Snowflake EF.  The Snowflakes are cut with a Marvy punch that I've had for years.
Stars punch is also Marvy, but only had that for a couple of months.
PTI's Banner Borders is at the top and was cut from gold foil cardstock

PTI's By The Numbers are the perfect size for December 25th tags, they take up quite a bit of space ;-)

1 comment:

  1. Very pretty Helen! I love your sparkly stars and the 2 on the ends that are cut off really do look great...well done! :0)

    ReplyDelete