Saturday, November 8, 2014

MIM #187

MAKE IT MONDAY
PARTIAL DIE CUTS

You still have some time to post a project to this week's MIM.  Check out Melissa's video demonstrating this technique HERE.

I really like how this ornament (or gift tag,~haven't decided yet) came out. There is not much to it and I know it doesn't look it...
but it took me a few hours to put together.   :-o 
It started out as a Snow Globe, but since I don't own that PTI die, I had to improvise a bit. 
Click on photo for more details
I cut a Scalloped Circle with my Giga Marvy punch from PTI's Stamper's Select White cardstock and from clear acetate.  The blue sky is sponged on as the background. The Glitter Paper snow was cut to look like hills then the glittery trees and snowmen
 were glued in place. 
 
I could probably ask you to find my partial die cut here, but thinking "who has the time?"  :-)

So here is a picture:
 
It's PTI's Banner Borders that I cut out of Gold foil, then cut off  punched holes and glued them onto my Ornament for a hanger.
I cut one piece for the front, one for the back and a third to cover up the mess of Aleene's Tacky Glue on the front piece.

5 comments:

  1. Awww Helen! your tag is so cute!! just love those little snowmen : ) We are supposed to get a DUMP of snow in the next couple of days! some forecasts are saying we could get up to 22" oh my!!!

    Warm (((Hugs)))
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your win. Loved your entry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great! Congrats on the win!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very cute! Love the little winter wonderland scene!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so super excited for you that you won!! This tag is perfect : ) Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete